The Talents Outreach Association, TOA
Who we are
The Talents Outreach Association, TOA, Cameroon
We are a non-profit, non-governmental and development organization that works with talented young people, especially artists. Officially registered on June 29, 2017 in Kumbo, North West Region of Cameroon, the Talents Outreach Association is made up of various artists that include and not limited to:
Painters | Musicians | Sculptors | Writers | Beauticians | Decorators
We are committed in carrying out activities that brings about self-employment and self-reliance
The Talents Outreach Association is out to bring together vulnerable and destitute youths, identify their various talents and help them develop these talents in any area where they excel.
We promote activities such as cobbing (shoe mending), carpentry, hairdressing, knitting and embroidery, dressmaking & sewing, catering / restaurateur, sports, arts and culture (music, painting, dancing, etc.).
We identify, develop, promote and market talent and creativity
TOA is out to identify, develop, promote and market talent and creativity especially artistic skills in youths as a means to reduce poverty, for environmental protection and social inclusion. We re-enforce and increase opportunities for kids to use their arts skills as a critical component in their educational experience.
What we do
We promote passion and entrepreneurship
We encourage our artists to use their talents not only for entertainment, but for educative purposes such as environmental protection, justice and sustainable development. TOA promotes talent in vulnerable children and prepares them for a more independent and positive future
How we do it
Idle | Jobless | Teenage Mothers | School Dropouts
- We identify idle and jobless youths, teenage mothers, school dropouts, etc and groom them to identify the talents they possess that can be developed.
- We accompany the youths to develop identified talents in them, harness and put them to use. This helps them to become self-employed and self-reliant.
- We work in order to redeem the self-esteem of rejected youths and reintegrate them back into the society through self-employment and self-reliance.
- We create a platform in which youths are empowered through talent identification and capacity building development.
- We promote professionalism and the growth of small and medium sized enterprises managed by youths.